Order No. 621 was the first
order from this railway for forty one 5'-5.75" gauge 2-4-0
tender locomotives works progressive Nos. 273 - 313 supplied
in 1862-3 for mixed train use. This order for fortyone locomotives
was one of the largest orders received by Beyer Peacock. The
stock was withdrawn from service from 1924 - 1933.
The driving wheels were 5'-0"
in diameter and the outside cylinders 16" dia x 24"
The next order, order No.
626, works progressive Nos. 314 -321, was for eight 4-4-0 tank
engines again with 5'-0" in diameter driving wheels and
16" dia x 24" stroke outside cylinders. Many later
Beyer Peacock engines were derivatives of this design, evolved
by BP's H.L.Lange in collaboration with Thomas Hunt who was Locomotive
Superintendent for the Tudela & Bilbao Railway.
From the second order No 29
"Izurra" works progressive No. 316 is the only surviving
engine and stands preserved at Bilbao Abando Station.